Since I'm traveling to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia ("KL"), this afternoon with my family for a short 4D3N trip, I think this is a good time to share what skincare products I'll be bringing since this is my 1st travel ever since 2004. (yes, that's very long!)
I'll be bringing my usual skincare routine but packed them in a smaller container.
For stuffs that I'll be putting on my face:
- Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser as my day & night facial cleanser. In my opinion, the type of cleanser doesn't really matter. Just get something that is suitable for you and able to cleanse your face clean.
- Avene Gentle Gel Cleanser as a backup facial cleanser just in case my mum wants to use it. This cleanser doesn't foam up like your typical facial cleanser, it's a soapless forming gel. As the SA explained to me, this cleanser work best on oily combination skin. As I didn't use this cleanser before, I'm not sure how it rate.
- Hada Labo Arbutin Whitening Lotion as my day & night toner. I just brought a small container from Muji and transfer them into it. I've reviewed them on my blog previously. (Review)
- Hada Labo Arbutin Whitening Essence as my day & night essence. Have been using this essence since late last year and my face does brighten up just a tiny bit. Not much significant changes.
- Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Milk as my day & night moisturizer. The same as my toner, I brought a small container and just transfer them into it.
- Kiehl's Ultra Light Daily UV Defence as my sunblock. It have SPF 50 PA+++ and best of all? The texture is very lightweight. So much different as to compare with my previous loved sunblock (Kose). I shall do up a review on this sunblock after I'm back from my trip!
I also will be bringing along my Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye as my night time eyecream. This eyecream does give me a fresher looking eye by morning. I shall also do up a review on this eyecream as well. Tentatively thou.
For my lips, I'm currently using Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 with SPF 4 in Mint. This is a limited edition flavour during Christmas season. Upon applying, you can feel a sense of tingling cooling effect. It's because of the mint menthol ingredient. Love the cooling effect on my lips :)
Let's not also forget about makeup remover! Here I'm using Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil. This is also another limited edition packaging. I loves limited edition! LOL. Have been a faithful user of Fancl MCO as it really good in removing all trace of makeup and also stubborn, waterproof makeup as well! I gave my travel sized MCO to my sister-in-law as she wanted to try out this makeup remover, so I gotta bring this full sized product for travel. Not really full sized as it only left about 1/4 of product.
For this trip, I'll be bring along masks just in case I wanted to have a pamering session at night.
And also some basic/simply makeup as well. I just recover from full face of pimples and now is left with some scaring and I'll be taking pictures as well.
- Benefit Hello Flawless! as my foundation. This foundation is really good! It does help in "concealing" acne scaring or pigmentation and the coverage is buildable. Not only that, it does also contains SFP 15. The only downside is that the staying power is quite low. Gotta touchup after like 4hours? Normally I just hack it, but if I know I'll be taking photos, I'll do some touchup.
- Majolica Majorca single eyeshadow in BE286 as a wash on my eyelid to have abit of color to it.
- K-Palette 1Day Tattoo Real Lasting Eyeliner 24hr Waterproof
- M.A.C Technakohl Liner Eye-Liner Kajal in Purple Dash
I'll also be bringing along my contact lens, 1 Day Acuvue Moist, and my Rohto Lycee contact lens eyedrop just in case my eyes are dry from the contact lens. I've previously reviewed the eyedrop. Read it here. (Review)
And lastly, some other miscellaneous items that I'll be bring along with me as well.
- My Beauty Diary Oil Absorbent paper
- Small mirror given by Enavose
- Avene Cold Cream Body Lotion
- Avene Thermal Spring Water
- Travalo mini refillable perfume with my Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy perfume (also might review on the travalo mini perfume spray)
- Bath and Body Works hand sanitizer in Fresh Sparkling Snow. Another christmas edition LOL!
So yep, that's all for my skincare/makeup for my short trip. Feels good to take a short break from all the hectic things that have been happening lately. I know it's only Malaysia, but hey, I've not been going overseas since 2004. So that should be a happy thing for me.
And oh ya, enjoy your long weekend everyone!!